Friday, June 14, 2013

Natural Curls are Beautiful


The other day I heard these two girls talking, and one of them was complimenting the other on how cute her hair looked. The girl, who normally has super curly hair, straightened her locks out and her friend said something that was a little unsettling to me. She said, "Don't get me wrong, your curly hair is nice. But straight hair is totally hot!"

Why has straight hair become our definition of hot or even beautiful? Why do I have the impulse to straighten my hair every time I have an event coming up? I really don't know the answer to those questions but I'm sure it's psychological. Have I been conditioned to think that straight hair is prettier? When I was in the tenth grade, a girl told me I should straighten my hair all the time since I looked better with it straight. For the longest time, I believed her. But not anymore. I'm starting to finally wake up and see that straight hair is not > curly.

Here are some beautiful celebrities with iconic curly hair. I love this because they all stepped out onto the red carpet or other social events with their natural curls! Would I ever have the guts to step out in front of a million cameras with my natural hair? I don't know. But, hopefully someday I will know that the answer to that will without a doubt be yes.


Halle Berry-- does anyone else think her natural curls look better than her straight hair? 
I totally do. But, I'm pretty sure she can rock any and every look.


Rachelle Lefevre-- beautiful red curls!! That color is just so amazing.


Jordin Sparks-- her curls are gorgeous. She definitely became a Curly Girl icon after American Idol.
People even say I look like her sometimes!


Keri Russell-- her curls practically got her famous! Beautiful.


Taylor Swift-- another Curly Girl icon. I love that I see her hair curly 90 percent of the time;
she rarely straightens her hair. 


All of these celebrities should inspire girls with naturally curly hair to embrace it and show it off! Cuz face it; curly hair is totally Hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment